Tuesday, March 5, 2013

McTip's Snips Part Two

Read McTip's Snips Part One

DONATE HERE! 

Fear becomes me.

Am I scared to be bald? You bet ya. But every 3 minutes another child around the globe is diagnosed with cancer. THAT IS SCARY. Imagine those parent's fears? If they can do it, if they can wake up each day and put on a smile and a superhero cape and maintain HOPE and SPIRIT, for their children, then surely I can handle a temporarily bald head.

Fear motivates me to OVERCOME.




 
3/4/13


I decided that each day I would share the story a child off of the St. Baldrick's website.
 
1 child each day.
1 child to remind you.
$1.
1,000 people.
30 days.

=Why I am shaving my head.

Cari Jane Hadac's Story













Last night we passed the $250 goal, thanks to a generous donation from Isaiah Hankel. Which means my daughter has to shave her head too. Imagine that strength, she is 12! She is scared to death what her middle school peers will say. 

So, this morning we decided to go from FREAK to ICON.
 

I'm meeting with her counselors and principal this week. We want to make this a school wide event. Where she is a mascot. She is getting her own sign-up on team McTip's Snips. She is also going to use the experience to coincide with her new anti-bully page.

The Universe hears you. Sometimes you just gotta scream. 

Make a bald move.

Dr. Isaiah Hankel
Kid's Against Bullying 

Donate to McTip's Snips 

3/5/13

1 child each day.
1 child to remind you.
$1.
1,000 people.
30 days.

=Why I am shaving my head.

 Linsey H.'s Story

 


 
















My daughter was trying on scarves tonight. She is the most powerful 12 year old I know. She is absolutely strong. Well, we are TOGETHER. Her dedication to service comes from deep within. She has a BELIEF that she CAN make a difference. She believes good triumphs over evil. She believes in sacrifice. Now if I could only get her to clean her room...

3/6/13
1 child to remind you.
$1.
1,000 people.
30 days.

=Why I am shaving my head.

Berand's Story 
 










Donate to McTip's Snips 

No comments:

Post a Comment